Sunday, November 21, 2010

Childhood And TV

Growing up I was always a little more mature than most kids.  As a preteen I was watching shows that had a lot of adult situations.  My parents tried to monitor what I watched, or at least my Mom did.  My Dad never really cared what I watched.  For instance he took me to see Bad Boys 2 in theatres.  At the time I was about 12 or 13.  The only reason I was at all uncomfortable was because I was watching it with my Dad.  On the other hand my Mom wouldn't let me watch 8 Mile and to this day is upset that my Dad let me watch it. 

As a younger child I didn't really watch anything to bad.  Mostly I was outside or cleaning (big neat freak).  In fact I don't remember watching TV much as a young adult at all.  So it didn't affect much of my viewing habits now.  I guess I have always been drawn to mysteries and adult points of view/situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment